RETREAT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note that because Cher Meli Lifestyle & MY Retreats are limited to a small number of attendees, to allow for a more personable, intimate experience, our cancellation policy is in place to help guests and us alike work together sharing expenses that may arise from unexpected cancellations. All payments are made in US Dollars.
- HOLD DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Hold deposits (minus $100 USD re-listing fee) are transferable to another attendee found and assigned by original attendee.
- Full balance due 45 days before start date of retreat.
- Cancellation requests submitted within 45 days of retreat date, 50% of total amount (less deposit) will be refunded, unless another attendee registers and pays in your place, in which case, 100% of total amount including deposit.
- Within 15 days of your retreat: sorry but no refunds given, no exceptions unless replacement attendee is found and paid in full.
No one books a retreat with the intention of cancelling it, but unexpected events do occur, so please consider purchasing travel insurance (see below) and that it is your responsibility to read and understand our cancellation policies. Exceptions cannot be made for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies. No refunds or credits for failure to attend or failure to complete the retreat, or for arriving late or leaving early. We recommend that you purchase your own travel insurance. We encourage you to purchase trip cancellation insurance in order that your trip fees will be covered should you or your family have a medical problem prior to your trip or while on the trip. Trip insurance should also be purchased to cover medical expenses in the event you have an accident while on the retreat. Most travel insurance must be purchased within 14 days of making your reservation. We reserve the right to cancel retreats with inadequate participant interest, in which case all money paid to Cher Meli Lifestyle & MY Retreats will be refunded. Notification of cancellation will occur at least 1 month prior to retreat start date. Cher Meli Lifestyle & MY Retreats cannot be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or retreat cancellations.
Cher Meli Lifestyle & MY Retreats and all persons involved in retreats (herein after referred to as “AGENTS”) act only in capacity as AGENTS for the participant in all matters connected with travel, sight-seeing journeys and transportation, and as AGENTS hold themselves free of responsibility for any damage occasioned by any cause.
* AGENTS will not be responsible for any damages or expenses or inconveniences caused by late departures or change of schedule, strikes or to their conditions, nor will be responsible for loss or damage to baggage or any of the participant’s belongings.
* All prices quoted are correct at time of printing, include the cost of operation of the journeys, and are subject to currency changes.
* All travel arrangements are your responsibility and at your own cost. AGENTS shall not be held liable for any consequences arising from delays or cancellations in any of the companies you may have made arrangements with, or for any irregularities in your documentation required for travel Transfers to/from the retreat are at your own cost, unless otherwise specified.
* AGENTS shall not be responsible for personal injury, death, accident, delay, loss, damage, irregularity or property damage as a result of force majeure or for any other losses or damages incurred by any person or journey participants caused by any delay or change of itinerary or arising out of any act, including, but not limited to, any act of negligence, any person acting for or on behalf of AGENTS for transportation, accommodation or sight-seeing provider or any other person or entity rendering any of these services or accommodations being offered in connection with this journey.
* We do not accept liability for cancellations, delays or changes caused by war, threat of war, terrorist actions or threats, closure of airports, civil strife, industrial action, natural disaster, technical problems to transport, staff cancellations, unforeseen changes in your personal circumstances or other events beyond our control.
* Participants assume the risk involved when participating in yoga, foreign travel, and any and all activities and/or pursuits voluntarily undertaken while participating in the retreat.
* Occasionally, changes have to be made (e.g. the program times, guest teacher or other arrangements), which we reserve the right to do at any time.
* In regard to the stay during the yoga retreat, AGENTS will provide safe, careful instruction and safe premises, but ask that each participant to take personal responsibility for their own self-care and (in the unlikely case) for any injuries incurred during retreat. Modifications are given to students with specific needs. If participants are unsure of their physical ability due to previous injuries, they should seek the advise of a healthcare practitioner beforehand.
* AGENTS are not liable for any injuries you may incur. All classes and activities are undertaken at your own risk. We are not liable for any medical or psychiatric conditions which may develop during or subsequent to the retreat.
* We are not liable for the loss of or damage to your personal property.
* Women who are pregnant should provide a letter from their healthcare practitioner specifying that they are fit to travel and able to engage in the activities that we provide.
* Participants agree that any and all disputes between Participants and Cher Meli Lifestyle & MY Retreats shall be governed by New York law.
* Participants agree to mediate any and all disputes prior to the institution of any litigation. In the event of any litigation between the Parties to this agreement involving their respective rights or obligations, such litigation shall take place in Suffolk County, New York and the prevailing party shall be entitled to recovery of reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs of litigation.
* This agreement supersedes all previous oral or written communications, representations, or agreements between the parties.