Group mentoring sessions geared towards aspiring teachers and passionate students. These workshops will be offered on a recurring basis over several weekly classes to focus on the development of new teachers and students wanting to dig deeper into their practice.
This class is for:
- Teachers who are looking to elevate their practice and their teaching skills.
- Students who are passionate about yoga and want to learn more.
- 30 mins –
- identify the focus of class (either asana or theme)
- learn about the classification of Asana in relation to the spine.
- break down priorities of posture, where we need strength/flexibility
- look at necessary counterposes.
- chart out the sequence
- 1-hour asana practice –
- volunteers to teach 10 – 15 min portions of the class sequence.
- group practice
- 1-hour discussion –
- discuss the class experience
- questions and feedback
50hr Yoga Intensive
After over two decades of teaching I was fortunate to study with teachers such as Shiva Rea, Erich Schiffmann, TKV Desikachar & Danielle Tarantola. And now I want to share what I’ve learned with you so that you can build your skills and reputation as a Yoga Professional.
This 50 hour Intensive focuses solely on asana and is also a great place to begin for those who are not ready to commit to a 200 hour program.
What does it cover?
The focus of this intensive is strictly asana; specifically teaching Hatha & Vinyasa.
The curriculum includes:
- A basic overview of what yoga & asana are
- 7 functions of asana/5movements of the spine
- Sequencing theory and practice (pose/theme/ goal)
- Course planning
- Preparatory and counterposes
- Cuing – function vs alignment
- Assists and demonstrating
- How/when to use music
- Setting and holding space
- The Business of being a Yoga Professional
- Yoga Teacher Code of Ethics
What is the structure of the program?
- 40 hours contact
- 10 hours 1:1 mentoring / teaching classes